Joy | What the Christian Life is Supposed to Be Like

My name is Matt Broadway and I'm the pastor of Dulin's Grove Church (the octagon shaped church off of 24/27). Lately, I've noticed that many of the people I encounter through the week are some degree of miserable. Money is tight and jobs are uncertain. Families are rupturing. Worries abound. Stress is the very air we breathe. Depression fogs our minds and hearts. Few of us experience deep, abiding joy in our daily lives. This is true for many of the non-Christians I see. But, it's also true for many Christians, including myself - a pastor!

Aren't we supposed to be living an abundant life as Christians? Where is this "fullness of joy" that Jesus promised His followers in John 15:11? Many of us are sewing tears as Psalm 126:5 says; but when will we reap joy?

The Bible says that joy inexpressible is ours in Jesus. I believe the Bible. So I'm going after it. Dulin's Grove is going after it. And you're invited to join us. We'll be studying the book of Philippians together each Sunday this summer beginning June 14. It's a book about joy and, Lord willing, we'll find it as we dig into God's word together. This blog will trace our steps along the journey. So check back often and enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for your input. May God bless you with deep joy in Him through Jesus.